If you want to experience fat-loss or simply want to boost your overall health, one of the best decisions you can make is shop smart and only buy healthy foods.
Use smart grocery shopping strategies to help you resist temptation. Learning how to shop for your health in the grocery store is the first step to succeeding with your diet plan; yet, most people feel lost when making the switch in their grocery routine and fall back into the comfort of buying potato chips and cookies.
Follow these tips as you wander the grocery store to shop with health in mind.
– Shop the edges of the store. Always stick and try to the perimeter of the grocery store as much as possible. This is where you’ll find all the fresh produce, low-fat dairy and lean meats.
– Avoid the bakery section – There isn’t much here that you will find healthy.
– Don’t go near the processed foods. Aisles with unhealthy snacks, sodas and packaged convenience meals like ramen and high-sodium canned goods are kept in the middle.
– Always read food labels. Make sure you read the nutrition labels and know what you are buying. You don’t want foods that contain high amounts of sugar, sodium, trans fats or a number of chemical-based ingredients and artificial sweeteners that you can’t even pronounce.
– Avoid the prepackaged frozen food section. The frozen cases hold many items you want to avoid such as ice cream, frozen pizza, pastries and high-sodium frozen meals.