You may be thinking about omitting all dairy products if you’re planning a weight-loss diet. Many people have come to believe that dairy-rich foods will only hinder the weight-loss results they see when, really, the opposite is true.
Adding dairy products back into your diet can be beneficial not only for fat loss, but also for overall health. While it is important that you choose the best foods in order to see the right results, if you make wise selections, you’ll soon see why dairy can be a crucial part of your success.
– Dairy is rich in protein. Getting sufficient protein in your diet is a must no matter what, and dairy will help round out the protein intake you get from lean meats, dark green leafy veggies and beans.
– Dairy is highly satisfying. Dairy-rich foods contain casein protein, which digests more slowly in the body, keeping you satisfied over time. When foods like Greek yogurt are eaten before bed, casein can even support muscle recovery while you sleep.
– Dairy is low in sugar. Dairy only contains the natural sugar lactose so it won’t spike blood glucose levels like fruits and other sugary foods.
– Dairy accelerates stomach fat loss. Dieters who include low-fat dairy in their weight-loss plan can lose inches from their waist.
– Dairy is a rich source of calcium. This will help to foster stronger bones and support smooth muscle contractions.
– Dairy is satisfying! Most people love the creaminess and rich taste so eating healthy dairy sources can help you to stick with your diet plan.
– Dairy is easy to serve. Incorporating smart dairy choices into your diet is a cinch, and most people can find a variety they enjoy.
– Dairy is convenient and fast. There’s often no prep work required so it’s a food you can simply pick up and eat.
– Dairy is rich in nutrients. Many dairy products are also fortified with vitamin D and can contain phosphorous, which will further support bone and dental health.
– Dairy can speed recovery. Low-fat dairy products, particularly chocolate milk, are recommended after a workout. The mixture of amino acids and natural sugars will foster greater growth and development.
– Dairy is versatile. You can have dairy on its own or use it to create a sauce, dip or garnish for an entrée or side dish.